The launch event featured the Xiaomi 13 Ultra as its focus, but the company also announced the Xiaomi Pad 6 and Pad 6 Pro tablets. The new slates improve on their predecessors in several important ways, including new chipsets, better screens, and a brand-new design that was inspired by the Xiaomi 13 series phones.
Pad 6 and Pad 6 Pro 11-inch IPS LCDs with resolutions of 1800 x 2880 pixels, 144 Hz refresh rates, and 16:10 aspect ratios. The Pad 5 series’ 120Hz refresh rate is retained in the vanilla variant, but the Pro model has a faster 144Hz refresh rate.
the Pad 6 has a Snapdragon 870 SoC, and the Xiaomi Pad 6 Pro has a top-of-the-line Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor. On top of Android 13, both tablets launch the MIUI Pad 14. The Pad 6 has an even bigger 8,840 mAh cell but only supports slower 33W charging, compared to the Xiaomi Pad 6 Pro’s 8,600 mAh battery and 67W charging.
The Pad 6 Pro has a new 20MP front-facing sensor with auto-tracking to follow you during video experiences and a 50MP primary camera on the rear. The only cameras left on the Pad 6 are an 8MP front camera and a 13MP back sensor. Both tablets include Dolby Atmos quad speaker systems.
Xiaomi unveiled a brand-new keyboard cover and a second-generation smart pen attachment with enhanced wear resistance on the pen tip, lower input latency, and longer battery life.
Xiaomi Pad 6 and Pad 6 Pro specs
- 11-inch (2880 x 1800) 16:10 display with a variable refresh rate of 30Hz, 48Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 90Hz, 120Hz, and 144Hz, HDR10, Dolby Vision, hardware-level blue light reduction, TÜV Rheinland low blue light certification, and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Pad 6: Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz, 3 x 2.42GHz, and 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- Pad 6 Pro: Up to 3.2GHz Octa Core, Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 6GB or 8GB LPDDR5 with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage, 8GB RAM LPDDR5 with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB/512GB UFS 3.1 storage (6 Pro)
- Android 13 with MIUI 14
- Pad 6: 13MP camera with f/2.2 aperture, PDAF
- Pad 6 Pro: 50MP 1/2.76″ sensor with f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, 2MP depth sensor, 4K video recording
- Pad 6: 8 MP front camera
- Pad 6 Pro: 20MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 253.95×165.18×6.51mm; Weight: 490g
- USB Type-C audio, Dolby Atmos, 4 speakers; 4 microphones
- Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 (5.3 in Pro), USB Type-C, USB 3.2 Gen1
- Pad 6: 8840 mAh (typ) or 8640 mAh (min) battery with 33 W fast charging
- Pad 6 Pro: 67W fast charging and an 8600mAh (typ) or 8400mAh (min) battery
Pricing and availability
There are three colour options for the Xiaomi Pad 6 and Pad 6 Pro: mountain blue, gold, and black. The Xiaomi Pad 6 costs around 1999 yuan (roughly US$ 290 or Rs. 23,850), 2099 yuan (roughly US$ 305 or Rs. 25,040), and 2399 yuan (roughly US$ 363 or Rs. 29,810 approx.) for the 6GB+128GB, 8GB+128GB, and 8GB+256GB variants.
Price ranges for the Xiaomi Pad 6 Pro include 2499 yuan (about US$ 290 or Rs. 23,855 approximately), 2799 yuan (roughly US$ 406 or Rs. 33,385), 3099 yuan (roughly US$ 450 or Rs. 36,975 approximately), and 3399 yuan (roughly US$ 494 or Rs. 40,555 approximately). There are no 5G versions this time around, and all are Wi-Fi versions.
The pen costs 449 yuan and the keyboard costs 599 yuan (about US$ 87 and Rs. 7,145, approx).