Humane, a San Francisco-based company, debuted the Ai Pin, a tiny digital assistant. This square gadget functions as a power pack and is simple to affix to surfaces or clothes using a magnetic clip.
It uses a camera, motion, and depth sensors in addition to a Qualcomm Snapdragon CPU to monitor its environment. The Pin has no screen but includes a tiny speaker and Bluetooth support for headphones.
The main method of interaction is speech, but it also has other functions like a green laser projector that displays information on your hand. The touchpad allows for the use of gesture-based instructions. The Pin, distinguished from a continuous recording by a trusted light during recording, must be manually activated.
It uses a variety of AIs and tools with ease while running on the Cosmos system. It is consistent with claims indicating that GPT-4 powers the Pin, much as ChatGPT’s plugin system.
The Pin can interpret spoken English and Spanish conversations in real-time, in addition to text messaging. Diverse questions are made possible by the availability of internet-based AI services from Google, Microsoft, OpenAI, and other providers.
The assistant provides capabilities including tailored message creation and email inbox summaries and highlights daily schedules, messages, and health statistics. It recognizes food for nutritional information, has AI-focused photographic features, and supports Tidal music streaming with an AI DJ. You may view the photos on the Humane website app.
brief specifications: Humane Ai Pin
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus touchpad; optical coatings applied and polished
- Display: 720p Resolution Laser Ink Display
- Magnet: Wearable, specially made magnetic array
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon octa-core (2.1 GHz)
- Memory: 32GB eMMC, 4GB RAM
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery that is built-in
- Charging: Method of wireless power charging
- The 13MP (4208 x 3120 px) AI camera has a 120° field of view, an f/2.4 aperture, five lens elements, and one glass element.
- Three RGB LED light bars from Trust Light
- Highly discreet beacon with a single RGB LED
- Speaker: ACC’s built-in speaker
- Calling audio: VoLTE, 3G
- Bluetooth v5.1 (SBC, AAC, LDAC, aptX HD), eSIM, Wi-Fi 5, Bluetooth dual antenna MIMO, and Wi-Fi 5
- Accommodates Gestures (Swipes & Taps)
- System of operation: Cosmos
- Sensors: 3D depth, accelerometer, gyroscope, and ambient light sensor
- GPS, sensor, and magnetometer
- Network: T-Mobile-Connected Humane Wireless Service
- Other: Support for Tidal Music and Open AI Integration
- Weight: Battery Booster: 20.5g; AI Pin: 34.2g
- The Humane web app
Cost and availability
The Humane Ai Pin costs USD 699 (about Rs. 58,210), and it comes with a plan for a monthly subscription for cellular access (offered by T-Mobile in the USA) that costs USD 24 (approximately Rs. 1,995).
Eclipse (Black), Equinox (Silver finish), and Lunar (White) are the three color finishes available. Beginning on November 16, 2023, preorders may be placed on the company’s official website; delivery is anticipated in early 2024.