- New Galaxy S23 Ultra Experience With ISOCELL HP210 hours ago
- Samsung Galaxy A54 uses an X-axis haptic motor11 hours ago
For many years, Google has been making investments in AI and helping people, businesses, and communities benefit from it. We’re dedicated to making AI accessible to everyone, whether it is by publishing cutting-edge research, creating practical products, or creating tools and resources that aid others.
We’ve reached a turning point in the development of AI. The way people interact with technology is fundamentally changing as a result of advances in generative AI, and at Google, we’ve been carefully building up big language models so we can securely integrate them into our products. We’re thrilled to present our preliminary results today. Via Google Cloud and a brand-new prototyping environment called MakerSuite, developers and organizations can now test out new APIs and solutions that make it simple, secure, and scalable to start creating with Google’s top AI models.
And in Google Workspace, we’re introducing new features that help people harness the power of generative AI to create, connect and collaborate.
Table of Contents
PaLM API & MakerSuite: user-friendly method for exploring and prototyping generative AI applications
From mobile to cloud computing, there have been so many changes in technology and platforms that have encouraged entire ecosystems of developers to launch new ventures, conceive of novel products, and reinvent their creative processes. With AI, we are currently experiencing another change that is profoundly affecting every business. For developers who are experimenting with AI, we’re introducing the PaLM API, an easy and safe way to build on top of our best language models.
Today, we’re making an efficient model available, in terms of size and capabilities, and we’ll add other sizes soon. The API also comes with an intuitive tool called MakerSuite, which lets you quickly prototype ideas and, over time, will have features for prompt engineering, synthetic data generation and custom-model tuning — all supported by robust safety tools. Select developers can access the PaLM API and MakerSuite in Private Preview today, and stay tuned for our waitlist soon.
enhancing Google Cloud with generative AI skills
Developers may use Google’s AI models, notably PaLM, via Google Cloud in order to create and modify their own models and applications utilizing generative AI. We’re delivering new generative AI capabilities to our Google Cloud AI portfolio to allow developers and businesses access enterprise-level safety, security, privacy, as well as interface with their current Cloud solutions:
- Generative AI support in Vertex AI: Vertex AI platform from Google Cloud is already used by developers and companies to construct and scale-up machine learning models and AI applications. Now, we are offering the building blocks for producing text, graphics, and eventually audio and video. Customers of Google Cloud will be able to find models, design and alter prompts, tweak them with their own data, and release apps that make use of these potent new technologies.
- Generative AI App Builder: Governments and companies alike want to create their own AI-powered digital assistants and chat interfaces. To make this possible, we’re releasing Generative AI App Builder, which combines conversational AI flows with pre-built search experiences and foundation models to enable businesses to quickly create generative AI apps.
- New AI partnerships and programs: In addition to releasing new Google Cloud AI solutions, we’re also dedicated to becoming the most open cloud provider. We are developing specific initiatives for technology partners, software developers with an AI emphasis, and startups as well as increasing our AI ecosystem.
Starting today, trusted testers are accessing Vertex AI with Generative AI support and Generative AI App Builder.
Workspace now has new generative AI features
Whether utilizing Smart Compose in Gmail or automatically created summaries in Google Documents, more than 3 billion individuals currently take advantage of AI-powered capabilities in Google Workspace. We are now eager to go forward and introduce a new set of features that facilitate writing to a select group of trustworthy testers.
Just put in the subject you want to write about in Gmail or Google Documents, and a draft will be created for you right away. So, Workspace saves you the time and effort needed to write that initial welcome email if you’re a manager onboarding a new employee. From there, you can elaborate upon or abbreviate the message or adjust the tone to be more playful or professional — all in just a few clicks. We’ll be rolling out these new experiences to testers in the coming weeks.
responsible AI scale-up
A new and quickly developing field of technology, generative AI faces formidable obstacles. In order to pressure test new experiences, we welcome both internal and external testers, and we use AI Principles to direct our efforts. These values also represent a continuous commitment to the many clients across the world who depend on our solutions to develop and expand their companies using AI securely. Our aim is to keep taking bold, responsible actions and working with others to make our AI models safer and more beneficial for everybody.
We’re so excited by the potential of generative AI, and the opportunities it will unlock — enabling individuals express themselves artistically, assisting developers in creating entirely new sorts of apps, and revolutionizing how companies and governments interact with their citizens. Keep checking back for more in the upcoming weeks and months.