1. Hackers reportedly plan to release 80GB of private information they acquired from Reddit
Reddit has been the target of a cyberattack, and hackers have threatened to reveal sensitive information unless the company pays a demanded ransom and drops its contentious API fee increases. The BlackCat ransomware group, also known as ALPHV, claims to have stolen 80 gigabytes of compressed data from Reddit during a February system hack in a post on its dark web leak website.
tech Crunch Source➜
2. The iPhone 15 will receive a U2 chip in order to support Vision Pro integration
According to Ming-Chi Kuo, a prolific and generally recognized analyst, the iPhone 15, which is scheduled to be released in the fall of 2023, will likely include an updated ultra wideband (UWB) chip designed to enable flawless interaction with Vision Pro. Apple debuted the U1 chip with the iPhone 11 in 2019 and has since included it in all iPhone models, as well as the Apple Watch Series 6, 7, and 8, and the Ultra.
3. Google’s Pixel Fold is available for preorder via AT&T and Verizon, but the devices won’t arrive until July 18.
On Tuesday, AT&T announced the start of its own preorders for the Pixel Fold and unveiled a promotion offering the smartphone to both new and current AT&T customers for $25 per month without the need to trade in a device. You must be on an unlimited plan and agree to a 36-month instalment plan in order to qualify for that price.
4. Intel and Germany sign record €30 billion contract for semiconductor mega-factory
After a protracted funding dispute, Intel and the German government have come to an agreement on how to split the cost of a big chip facility in Magdeburg.
The Next Web Source➜
5. Mercedes-Benz adds voice control via ChatGPT to its automobiles.
Mercedes-Benz, ready to get in on the action, recently revealed that ChatGPT will be integrated into voice control in its automobiles as part of a strategy to make its Hey Mercedes voice assistant “even more intuitive.”
6. Meta introduces Voicebox AI, which can replicate the voices of your friends and loved ones.
Some of the most well-known players in the industry are attempting to compete with their own tools as AI chatbots and art generators appear to be gaining popularity at a rapid rate. Voicebox, a text-guided, artificially intelligent speech generator that Meta recently unveiled, is so effective that the company believes it outperforms all current versions.
7. Apple provides extra options for self-service repairs with the iPhone 14, M2 Macs, and other products.
Apple has revealed a significant expansion of its Self Service Repair initiative. Starting this week, the M2 13-inch MacBook Air and the M2 13-inch MacBook Pro powered by M2 Pro and M2 Max will both be compatible with the Self Service Repair program.
8. AI Requires a Lot of Work
A 30-year-old man named Joe received employment as an annotator, the laborious task of analyzing the raw data required to train artificial intelligence, a few months after he received his college degree in Nairobi. The way AI learns is by identifying patterns in immense amounts of data, but before AI can do this, the data must be sorted and tagged by people, a huge workforce that is largely concealed behind the machines.
The Verge Source➜